• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venice-grocery store & laundry

chiaro di Luna

100+ Posts
I will be staying just over the bridge from P. Roma in Venice and
would like directions to a nearby grocery store for water, wine, snacks
and a do it yourself laundry.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Just over which bridge? (There's the big pedestrian one over the Grand Canal, but I don't expect you mean that, since the area the other side is mostly taken up by offices and the rail station. So are you staying to the east, in S Croce?)

I'm not sure about a laundry round there, though I do remember someone posting a list of laundromats in Venice on Slow Talk not that long ago. But for groceries, there's the big Coop (one of the few food stores open on a Sunday), on the canalside directly north of P. Roma.

There is a self service laundromat across the Scalzi bridge from the train station. It is on the calle leading directly to the bridge. I also walked by one near the Frari in Campo San Rocco that always looked nice and clean and well-lit. Where exactly, in relation to Piazzale Roma are you staying?

There is a self service laundromat across the Scalzi bridge from the train station. It is on the calle leading directly to the bridge. I also walked by one near the Frari in Campo San Rocco that always looked nice and clean and well-lit. Where exactly, in relation to Piazzale Roma are you staying?

It is S Croce...one bridge to go over from where bus lets you off in P Roma.

Depending upon your exact location, one might be closer than the other.

The one across the Scalzi is in Santa Croce, the one near Campo San Rocco is in Dorsoduro, but is right on the border of Santa Croce. Do you know the name of the calle or nearest campo to your accomodation?

I used the wash and fold service at 274 Fondamenta Tre Ponti this summer. You can find it on google maps. It was too humid to get clothing to air dry. They did a nice job and it was ready exactly when they said it would be.

Whichever you use remember some have doors that auto lock at certain time at night and your locked in till morning when they auto re-open. Be sure to check if you are doing it at night.

I was just in Venice, and there is a supermarket run by Despar that is worth a look.
It's on the same side of the canal as the station.
Cross the Ponte Guglie as if you are going towards San Marco; and in a minute or two you will see it on the left.
Despar has taken over and restored an old theatre, and it is now a supermarket, quite a good one; and as it's fairly new, it's really clean, not like the grubby Coop across the street from it.
The frescoes and the arch and the box office are still there, in amongst the food aisles.
Worth a look!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina