• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Vicenza instead of Verona?

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We'll be arriving in Verona late afternoon, seeing an opera, then spending 2 nights - right now we're booked in Verona for those 2 nights. On our second day we'll take a daytrip somewhere - we've been to Verona before and expect it will be very crowded due to the opera season, and summer in general. I asked on a different thread about advice for a daytrip, and Vicenza seems to be the most likely choice - so then of course I wondered - should we just stay in Vicenza for both nights, avoiding the congestion of Verona altogether? My only concern is how late the trains will run because we'll need to get back to Vicenza after the opera - unless we drove, which doesn't even seem like an option for me! Thoughts?

Hi Barb & Art,
I guess you will need to check the train schedule before making your choice. I prefer less crowded but then it might be late and you may want to just head off to bed, quickly. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other!

ciao,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

My biggest concern is the train. One would think they'd have the trains running late after the operas, but I certainly wouldn't assume that! The train ride from Vicenza to Verona is so short, and I expect we'll be on somewhat of a 'high' after leaving the opera, so that part wouldn't bother me. In addition to being (possibly? probably?) less crowded, I also thought staying in Vicenza would give us the opportunity to see the Palladio villa just outside of town since we'd have our car. But....I do have a nice apartment reserved in Verona, so maybe I'm just making more work for myself......

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina