• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Walter Presents - foreign drama

Pauline

Forums Admin
In the UK we get "Walter Presents" on Channel 4. These are usually foreign crime TV dramas. We are currently watching "Case", a detective series set in Iceland.

Until recently, these shows were on regular TV - Channel 4, now renamed as All 4. I could record them on my Sky box, or watch them via Catch Up TV thru my Sky box. Now All 4 is sometimes showing the first episode of a new series on their TV channel, but all other episodes have to be watched through the app. I can use the app with my smart TV or my Amazon Fire Stick. BUT you cannot fast forward through the commericals! This isn't that annoying because in a one hour episode they have one long commercial break (2 - 3 min) and the rest are either 1 minute or 10 seconds. Just enough time to try to convince me to buy a new car.

In the US you can use the All 4 app, or the All 4 website, using a VPN to make it look like you are in the UK.

@Jim Zurer told me that Walter Presents is now available, for a fee, in the US. This article gives you the details.

One strange thing about the All4 app here in the US (at least in my house) is that when I try to cast a program from my smartphone or laptop to my television, I get a message saying that I can't do it at my location. I will have to try with a wired connection.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina