• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

We are going to Vittel!

Pauline

Forums Admin
Last September on our drive to Switzerland we spent a night in Vittel, a small spa town west of Colmar on the other side of the mountains. Next month we are going to spend a week there, then drive into Switzerland for two weeks.

There are a lot of vacation rentals since this is a popular vacation area. There is a spa with the spring water, a big park around the spa, a horse race track, several hiking trails, and nearby lakes.

I found an apartment in an older building just off the main shopping street so we can easily walk to a cafe or bakery in the morning.

I’m looking forward to spending a week in this new area. Anyone been there? Suggestions?

Photos of Vittel from last September.

IMG_6708.jpeg

IMG_6705.jpeg

No experience in Vittel, but take advantage of the spa! We were in Bagnères-de-Bigore several years ago as a stop over. We visited the aqua center and it was amazing. I can't wait to visit another thermal spa town. There were pools, water falls, a music pool (music piped below water level), aqua bikes, massage services, a juice bar, hot tubs on the roof (summer and way to hot for the hot tub, but the views and the air, delish!). Please report back, Pauline.

Laura

I feel like there were general use passes when we went as well. I wish we had been there for one of the water bike classes or a water aerobics class.

Also, it was really pretty inside! I was surprised by the architecture and the user-friendliness. I booked us massages and that ... was interesting. It turned out to be a couples massage, so we were in the same room which wasn't super relaxing. Also the spa-provided "underwear" was a hoot!! Paper panties/paper loincloth. Even with that I'm so glad we went and can't wait to go again.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina