• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

What should I take on a tour of Europe?

GowardToliyaty

For the first time I will go on a bus tour of Europe. I will go to Poland, Romania, Germany and France. If someone went to such trips, please help me figure out what to take with you.

What time of the year and which cities ?
You would get much more reliable information than our guesswork if you check the weather forecast immediately before your departure. As for the rest, weather happens. The weather you will encounter will be (1) just like our experience, or (2) somewhat like our experience, or (3) not at all like our experience.

Length of time certainly a factor and also what facilities the tour offers for getting clothes washed along the way.

In general I'd avoid packing for every eventuality, so (e.g.) rather than packing a medical bag separately, I'd just add a couple of plasters and a strip of headache tablets or ibuprofen in my wash bag. Anything else gets bought if we need it

Choose a good comfortable/practical 'day bag' as this is what you'll have with you most of the time. I'm not sure whether people leave bigger suitcases on the bus if just staying overnight, but even if it has to come off the bus, you'll just be wheeling it in/out of the hotel.

In the modern electronic era, there will be phone/tablet chargers along with a multi/location plug adaptor.

• Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
  • Hair brush or comb, hair ties, barrettes/bobby pins
  • Deodorant
  • Shampoo and conditioner - Dr. Bronners is a good option all-in-one option for hair care, face wash, laundry and more
  • Face wash and/or makeup remover wipes and q-tips
  • Night time Moisturizer/Lotion
  • Lip balm with SPF and lipstick or lip gloss
  • Personal hygiene items
  • Feminine hygiene products
  • Extra contacts, solution, and contact case
  • Glasses and prescription sunglasses
  • Waterproof notebook
  • Mobile device and charger
  • Laptop
  • Books and magazines
  • Deck of cards and travel games

That is my list. :D

Last edited:
A deck of cards but no clothes except what you are wearing?

Some recommend the rule of 2 for clothes. One set to wear, one set washed and drying while you are out. But that doesn’t account for weather.

We went on the similar bus trip but to Prague and Brno in Czech Republic (we had four days in Prague and one in Brno; stayed in Orea hotels, for ref https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g274685-zfb19226-Bohemia-Hotels.html; Prague is a wonderful city -- lots of places to see, lots of pubs, delicious food (I really enjoyed trdelniks with different fillings and that braised pork leg -- it's greasy but the meet itself is incredibly tasty), Krakow, Warsaw and Lublin in Poland (in Krakow and Warsaw we've been for two days and visited Lublin on our way to Lviv; overall Poland is an interesting place -- clean, cheap, roads are really good and cities are beautiful; I was impressed; we stayed in Best Western hotels, for ref https://www.lookingforbooking.com/hotel-chains/poland/best-western; three star hotels but really good) Lviv, Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odessa in Ukraine :dancingcow: (in Ukraine we spent only one day in each city which wasn't enough but to my surprise those are pretty decent places and interesting culture and cuisine; we mostly stayed in Premier hotels, for ref https://www.phnr.com/en/our-hotels/kharkiv ; overall Ukraine is an interesting country and definitely worth visiting, but wouldn't say their roads are really good) . And in Odessa we went on a Mediterranean cruise. :smug:
What we had in our bags was a change of clothes, beauty & skin care products, medicine (esp for the cruise in case of sea sickness o_O) some snacks :pig: and of course money and passport and a GoPro

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina