• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article When will covid testing to return to USA end?

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
ThePointsGuy-Covid article
Lots of discussion about this on a FB group I belong to. thought I'd share it here too. Personally, I don't think I could enjoy my vacation with the worry of testing positive on my mind. I'm not traveling internationally until July 10th so maybe by then things will be different.
Seems like not only a hassle but something else to consider before hopping on the plane o_O:snailorange::p:eek:

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Mindy

I wish they would end the testing requirement or at least make it 3 days instead of 1 day prior to departure (as it was last year) but I'm not letting it stop me from travelling. I'm going to Italy for 2 weeks at the end of April and like the 2 trips I took last year will bring my work laptop just in case we can't return when planned. I can at least work remotely until we test negative. We will also have had our 2nd booster shots before we leave so fingers crossed we'll be OK.

Good for you! (for not worrying and for getting your 2nd booster). I guess I inherited the worry gene from my Scottish grandmother. I will get my 2nd booster probably 3-4 weeks before I leave for London. Although not sure why I care...I'm retired and if I need to stay in London (or even better Chipping Campden) for another week, well, bring on the Pimms! It's only money! LOL

I'm waiting to see how the "new normal" develops. It appears that I will have to choose between sticking to my natural preference to plan and book much in advance, or being more spontaneous. In the latter case, this would mean taking advantage, for example, of the present situation, in which both Israel and Italy are removing restrictions, and just booking a trip for a date in the next month or two. Either that, or keeping my old ways, but making sure I have flexible cancellation options, and being ready for the heartbreak if and when the trip has to be cancelled.

Since Covid is not going anywhere, testing positive before a return home is probably one of those things that a traveler will now have to factor in, while they're planning a trip. If testing before flights is a proven part of keeping Covid at bay, then personally I am for it. As the world is becoming less and less predictable, this might even turn out to be the least of a traveler's worries.

Last edited:
I think I may book a fully-refundable hotel for an extra week, with cancellation the day before I fly. That way, I'll have a place to go, if needed. In France (at the moment), there's no official quarantine, it's in the hands of the individual testing positive.

I think I may book a fully-refundable hotel for an extra week, with cancellation the day before I fly. That way, I'll have a place to go, if needed. In France (at the moment), there's no official quarantine, it's in the hands of the individual testing positive.
Is Brie's sitter able to take her for longer if need be? That's another worry, what to do with our pets!!! Ai yi yi :D:eek::cat::catorange::dog::kitty::panda::snailorange:

a great relief no doubt. I'm sure my cat lady would be able to care for "the boys" if needed. If not my neighbor Julie would come to the rescue!
M

I had been emailing my Congresswoman regularly to do what she could to get rid of this.

We had to get tested last month when we flew back from Barcelona and it was a PITA. Not to mention whoever owned the testing site at the airport was making a ton of money.

I had been emailing my Congresswoman regularly to do what she could to get rid of this.

We had to get tested last month when we flew back from Barcelona and it was a PITA. Not to mention whoever owned the testing site at the airport was making a ton of money.
I emailed my Senators too! no doubt that you and I helped! LOL

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina