• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Yorkshire Yorkshire, Grassington, B&B

SusanSeattle

100+ Posts
What: b&b in the village of Grassington
Who: Myself, my husband, and our 2 teenagers
When: July 2015

We stayed for 4 nights at this lovely b&b in Grassington. I confirmed the dates via email and because we were coming from the states, Hillary, the owner, did not ask for a deposit. We paid in cash at the end, 75 pounds per night for each room.

The rooms themselves were lovely and very spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms had good lighting, lots of storage, tv's, tea and bottled water, as well as high quality linens. One room had a king sized bed, while the other was divided into 2 beds for our teenagers. One bathroom had what I think of as a European bath with a hand shower, while the second bathroom had a regular shower. There was also a living room available for our use. There was reliable high speed wi-fi.

The breakfasts were generous with fresh fruit, toast, full English or pastries, as well as fresh juice and coffee or tea.

The cottage, as indicated by its name, was 'tucked away' on a side street. The garden area was lovely, with plenty of comfy seating. There is a parking spot accessed via a narrow road (but not to worry as our large Volvo cross country made it through.) There were also 2 dogs (Morse and Cody) that we enjoyed interacting with.

The hosts were very pleasant. They had lots of info about the local area. They also let us use their laundry facilities as there is no laundry in Grassington.

We were happy with the village of Grassington. It met our expectations of a Yorkshire village with lots of easy local walks, several tea shops, and a great pub. We ate a few meals in the pub, enjoying a pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord, eating surprisingly good pub food, and listening to the lovely Yorkshire accents of the people around us. We found everyone in the area to be very friendly, and interested in hearing about our trip as they don't seem to get a large number of American tourists.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina