• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Zurers in Italy 2023

Jim Zurer

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
Some of you may have wondered where the "Zurers in Italy reports" are. Usually we are traveling by the middle of May but this year, we are going to Italy in June. The reason is that we will be joined during the last week of June by our three sons, three daughters-in-law, and three grandchildren at a villa in southern Tuscany. We are very excited....

Here is our itinerary for 2023. We leave on June 12 and are flying to Milan. We will spend our first four days in Vercelli, a provincial town an hour south of Milan. We will then spend a week in the small village of Sovana on the Tuscany-Lazio border. Our week with the family is next...the villa is very close to Montepulciano (not far from where we self-isolated last May when we got Covid.) After that, we will spend four nights in Lucca (with Seth, Kerensa, and Jonah), four nights in Florence visiting friends in the area, two nights in Lerici on the Ligurian coast, and the last night in Sesto Calende (near Malpensa airport) at the same hotel we stayed at on our first night in Italy in 1993.

We will be back home on July 12.

More details to follow.

Best regards.

Jim and Diana

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Vercelli... as well as waxing lyrical about the wonderful risotto dishes you experience.

A wonderful itinerary and made special by time with family. We will wave to you as we pass on Via Fillungo ;-) We're headed out on May 30 with a one day R&R at Castello di Velona (Montelcino) before going to my wife's home near Lucca until July 9 with side trips to Berlin and Rapallo mixed in. Looking forward to your reports!!

Sounds like a great trip. I like that area around Sovana. Have you walked on the Etruscan Pathways?

Have a great trip and I look forward to reading about it!

Can’t wait to hear about your trip! Be glad you waited until June. We are in Tuscany now, near Chiusi. We got here May 8 and the weather has been terrible. Only 1 day of true storms- that came with at least an hour of hail! But we have rarely seen the sun And expected this to be our warmest location in a 5 month trip. Every day is the same cool temps and threatening skies. On the bright side, everything is lush and green! Looking forward to reading about your trip. Enjoy your family!

Thanks for the report...I am very glad (but sorry for you) that we missed May this year. Our only concern for June is that it might be too hot. Hope the weather improves for you....
Can’t wait to hear about your trip! Be glad you waited until June. We are in Tuscany now, near Chiusi. We got here May 8 and the weather has been terrible. Only 1 day of true storms- that came with at least an hour of hail! But we have rarely seen the sun And expected this to be our warmest location in a 5 month trip. Every day is the same cool temps and threatening skies. On the bright side, everything is lush and green! Looking forward to reading about your trip. Enjoy your family!

Sounds like a fabulous trip and I can't wait to hear about it. We're just back from Sicily (I need to get a report together) but are planning for our retirement to Lucca in September 2024, with at least one trip in between (week 1 between Florence and Lucca, then week 2 in Napoli, Procida, and Rome).

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina