• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Antibes Accomodation

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We'll be driving from Barcelona to Umbria in May and need a stopover for one night. Antibes seems to be about halfway (6.5 hours driving each day). I've found one place on AirB&B that looks promising - we'll have more than usual luggage, so secure parking is important, as is having ground floor accommodations. THIS is the place we're considering. Other than being close to the highway and the parking, is there anything else to consider?

This place is close to the autoroute, which is good, but not close to the historic center. Antibes has good buses, so you could take a bus into the center. When we drove in and out of Antibes we went on the D35, parallel to the road this is on, and it was not interesting - strip malls mostly.

I would ask them if you can get a bus into the center. Parking in the center is expensive and you will probably have your luggage in the car? Buses cost 1 euro.

Thanks - altho now I'm not too hopeful about this place - the owner still hasn't replied to my message, so I'm going to keep looking! Secure parking is really my #1 concern, and without that I need ground floor and easy access - not down cobbled streets. I'm planning to have 2 29" roll-aboards, 2 smaller ones, 2 large backpacks (Rick Steves) and 2 'normal' packpacks. I don't want to have to lug it any more than necessary!

With that much luggage and need for parking, you may try to filter for handicap access -- those would be either ground floor or have elevators. The "new" part of Antibes is most likely to have what you need -- up from the Ponteil beach and in the blocks beginning with Blvd Albert 1er, toward Cap d'Antibes.

https://www.vrbo.com/8004884ha This one has an elevator, great views. It's where Antibes, Cap d'Antibes, and the road to Juan Les Pins, triangulate. The walk along the beach up to Old Town is probably 15 minutes, but enjoyable. I wouldn't go further out from Antibes. It says there's a parking space in a garage. I've not stayed here, but I have walked past this area many times. Good neighborhood.

You do not want to stay in JUAN les Pins, which may come up in searches for Antibes.

That is a great location. We walked by that street frequently to get to the train station or the large natural foods shop.

We spent 9 nights in Antibes and loved it. It might be nice to have 2 nights there.

We would arrive on Saturday, late afternoon, assuming we'll get lost at some point (yes, even with GPS). Will Sunday be a sleepy day there, or should we just sleep late, have a long lunch and wander the town/beach/marina?

Sunday is busy because it is a weekend holiday place for French people. They have a good market, a Picasso Museum, pretty beach area. You can take a short bus ride out of town and do a 1.5 hour walk on the Cap d'Antibes (along the water), then take the bus back. Have a look at my trip report or previous threads where @Cameron gave me lots of great advice on what to do.

I will email you the restaurant list that I have from the place we rented.

I learned something today - when you search from within a forum, it only searches that forum. To search the whole board, search from the main forums page. That was why Barb did not find my trip report.

I'm familiar with that apartment and like the amenities, view, etc. I think for your stay, you'll be pleased with the location. For us, we wanted to be on the Cap d'Antibes side because we always walked out to the Cap, instead of taking the bus.

From your rental, the best walk will be around Fort Carré, along the ocean, circling the Fort. Of course, there are so many other things to do in only two days. Focus on Old Town, is my recommendation.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina