• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Victoria Station brief stay - does this sounds OK?

Shannon

100+ Posts
Looks like I am going to be taking an unplanned interlude in London for a couple of days. I am going to fly from San Diego to Heathrow and then two days later fly from Gatwick to Dubrovnik. I want to make this as easy (and inexpensive) as I can and I think I've got it figured out but would appreciate advice/comments...

I will arrive at Terminal 5 at 14:55 and then can catch a National Express bus to Victoria Station (slow, but cheap.) Then walk to my hotel - Park Plaza 239 Vauxhall Bridge Road. (Booked with points.) Then to get to Gatwick I can take a National Express or Gatwick Express train.

Does that sound like an easy plan for a jet lagged person? Any snafus anyone can foresee?

I won't have any major plan for my short time in London - I'll walk around, see a museum or two if I have the energy...

People here love those National Express buses. Reliable and cheap. I have not used one yet, but my neighbors use them to get into London. I think that sounds like a good plan. Book your bus tickets ahead and they are a very good price.

Let us know what days you are in London - maybe we can meet up.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina