• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A week in Provence in March

caligal1017

Hello.

My husband and I are planning to drive from Barcelona to Provence. We love driving in Europe so it’s not an issue with us. And this comes after 2 weeks of hectic work schedule so all we want to do is relax. We’ve been to Provence before with kids in July (new empty nesters here!) and it was crazy busy but we loved the area.

We plan to take a 2 day break somewhere between Barcelona and Provence. Any suggestions? We live on the beach here in California so not really into staying on the coast there. I was thinking stop and see the sights in Perpignan, Ceret (seems like a cute village) and maybe spend 2 nights in Olonzac area. Since it’s offseason, would it be better to stay in a bigger town like Narbonne?

After 2 days of exploring the area we would drive to our gite in Provence. I messaged Le Mas Perreal but haven’t heard back yet. But I have a couple of other open options in the same area. After a one week stay here we would drive back to Barcelona with a 2 night stay in Girona before we return our car and head back to the US.

Would love to hear from experienced folks on early March stays in Provence. I know it will be very very quiet but also want to make sure there will be atleast some restaurants and all open. And any other gite names?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Anita

We have stayed in Ceret, Olonzac & Pezenas. All were wonderful but maybe I’d recommend Pezenas for March - a bit more lively. Wonderful winding streets to wander about, village squares, shops (incl. several antique) and many restaurants. Do visit Les 9 Ecluses de Fonseranes (staircase of locks 3kms west of Beziers) - incredible! We stayed here https://abnb.me/LedmbAIkGwb and loved it. Nearby Port of Marseillan is gorgeous and if you like Vermouth is the home of Noilly Prat. Free Parking was an easy 5 - 7 minute walk away in a large public lot - we had no issues for the 5 nights we parked there.

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina