• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Annecy in the French Alps

Hi Wendy,
Excuse me for interrupting your thread on Annecy, but I think you must be the person who used to be wendyash on SlowTrav. Is that right? I just wanted to say hi, and I'm glad to see you on Slow Europe. I remember some wonderful advice I got from you years ago about traveling in France, but I think you weren't around much on SlowTrav in recent years (before it disintegrated, that is). Hope to see more of you here.
- Roz
Hi Roz,
Oui, c'est moi !
How kind of you to say something
mice. I think I remember your trip to South of France ?
A long time ago.

@Roz we met @Wendy Ashworth and Richard through SlowTrav and have been friends since. It was because of them and @jonathan that our move to the UK was possible. It made it easier knowing we had friends here. I beg Wendy to come on the forums because they have traveled so much and Wendy is incredible at finding the best vacation rentals!

I am slowly changing my mind on Airbnb but when I find a place I always check to see if they have their own site or are on HomeAway.

meant to be blushing emoji !
Air B n B, ah yes ok if you can cross reference I guess. We may have found a penthouse in Sevrier but of course booking so late is a real challenge .

Wendy, yes, your memory is accurate. It was the south of France (Nice, to be exact), and it was in 2005. You recommended the book Artists and their Museums on the French Riviera, which was a great resource for us.

I don't care for AirBnB either, and have never used it, although I know that puts us in the minority. I am also one of the few who has never used Uber.

Wendy, yes, your memory is accurate. It was the south of France (Nice, to be exact), and it was in 2005. You recommended the book Artists and their Museums on the French Riviera, which was a great resource for us.

I don't care for AirBnB either, and have never used it, although I know that puts us in the minority. I am also one of the few who has never used Uber.
Ah yes dear little book I bought before our long trip from Nice down to Umbria in 2003.
What a long time ago.
We had a great 3 weeks but when I got home I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I think we first met P and S
then in Tuscany " en route" !
Slowtrav was great. I met lots of nice, interesting people via the site.
I think Pauline was ahead of her time when she thought it up .
You are right Roz I don't use Uber either. Nice to " talk " to you again.

Hello,
We have found somewhere thanks. We went for a fairly simple apartment on the outskirts of Annecy in the end but we would have spent up to 1200 GBP for a property that ticked all the boxes.
I will send you a link if you're interested !
Last August we rented a property in Montsoreau called Le Logis Des Abbesses which was just beautiful. Owned by an architect so everything was perfect and include a table by Le Corbusier for example !
Anyway I digress, thanks for asking.

Leaving Lake Annecy today. The lake hasn't captured our hearts in the same way as Lake Como and for the very reason that Parigi mentions, the traffic.
Tailloires is the only lakeside village we discoverered that isn't blighted by the thundering noise and pollution.we have enjoyed exploring the mountains however.
Looking forward to a good nights sleep at our next stop !

A friend sent me the link to this article CN Traveler:

The French Lake District

Annecy does have a link with Italy, like Nice: "Like the whole of the Savoie region, Annecy belonged to the Kingdom of Sardinia (previously the Duchy of Savoy) until 1860, and its Italianate past is still evident in a certain dolce vita charm ..."

Mmm can't say I agree with much of the CN Traveller feature and I sent it to Pauline !

Last edited by a moderator:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina