• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article: Vegetarian restaurants in Paris

Roz

500+ Posts
In the NY Times: Letter from France | A Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Guide to Paris . The article says that most French people consider vegetarians a bit weird: "Explain that you’re a pescatarian, vegan or even gluten-free and you’re likely to be met with confusion, bewilderment and a pile of raw vegetables on your plate.." But the writer says it is easier to find vegetarian options now in Paris than it was 10 years ago, and lists some recommended restaurants and other sources of information.

Pauline, I thought this might be of interest to you, if you're planning to visit Paris any time soon.

We have found a few very good vegetarian restaurants in Paris. There is a vegetarian/natural foods movement in France, but the article is right, you are considered weird. Also in Italy.

Thanks for the link!

I haven't been to France since I stopped eating meat ... next year in Paris should be interesting! Of course, we'll have an apartment so that will help.

"healthy eating in Paris"
But that is not the opposite of meat-eating, is it? :)
Whether one eats meat or not, the food is France is quite healthy.

"Healthy eating in Paris"...
But that is not the opposite of meat-eating, is it? :)

Aww, I thought I could get into trouble for that comment :muted: What I was musing about, was a vegetarian diet maybe more healthy, as there maybe less butter, cream, cheese; all those yummy rich, cholesterol laden foods I adore but must sadly limit. :mad:

Nah ! Eat like me. Wagyu, foie gras, the works. No cholesterol to speak of. 99 lb at 5'3".

Great, even in a thread about vegetarian eating, we have meat pushed at us. You have the fois gras, I'll stick to my carrots and rice.

Nah ! Eat like me. Wagyu, foie gras, the works. No cholesterol to speak of. 99 lb at 5'3".

I used to get away with that too, Parigi, but at age 60, (I suspect you're not even close :eek:) something changed... could it be... age? Slower metabolic rate for sure, though I'm still often referred to as the hummingbird o_O ~ high energy but in need of constant refueling...

I love fois gras;)

I have never said or thought that eating vegetarian is healthy and meat eating is unhealthy. I am not a vegetarian for health reasons. I just don't want to eat animals. I understand that most people do not make this same choice and enjoy eating meat. And I can't spell.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina