• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bagels in Rome!

Pauline

Forums Admin
I’ve been following Linda and Steve’s posts on Instagram about their new bagel business and here it is in the Washington Post! This is how they pivoted from running a hostel (The Beehive) when the pandemic shut it down.

Come for Rome’s history, stay for its bagels by Erica Firpo.
This American couple is on a mission to make bagels part of an Italian breakfast

I also enjoyed the read, but now I want one of those Mr. Crunch pizzas. ;)

Instinctively, I would say that bagels are not the most logical way to go. It's not a meal like, let's say, pizza, falafel or fish and chips. And most people want to be pampered with something sweet with their coffee. Especially, I think, Italians. But what do I know - there are bagel places that are successful. Hope they are too!

I keep hearing about this place in an expat group I'm in on Facebook. If I have to be honest, I was a bit surprised to hear that they were running a successful bagel shop in Italy, because I'd never met an Italian who liked/had ever even eaten a bagel! But I'm sure the American expats make for great customers, because we all miss "American food" sometimes!

Linda and Steve are always creative when it comes to living in Italy. And they do it with grace, not to mention doing it all very well. Wishing them the best and I can't wait to be there to eat those tasty bagels.....

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina