• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Best Area to stay in Naples

sharonov

10+ Posts
When I was in Naples the last (and only other) time, I stayed in the ancient part of the city, on Tribunali. It was noisy but I liked it. Now I'm having a hard time finding a rental in that area. What other area of Naples would be recommended for a tourist? We won't have a car, and don't want to spend all our time in busses and trains, so I'm looking for somewhere that's walkable to lots of interesting sites. Any suggestions?

I always stay in the same place just off Piazza Municipio. I stay there because I like the apartment and the owner, but the area is good and central as well. If you'd like a quieter area yet still close to the historic center and sites, look around Via Santa Lucia and Via Partenope. Close, walkable to the center yet near or on the waterfront, it's an ideal area.

Thanks, Ellen. I'll look there. I was hoping to stay in the historic center but am having trouble finding what I want in Naples. Expanding to other areas will be very helpful.

I'm in the same boat as Jan above. I've only stayed in Naples once, in the apartment Jan linked to above. But it was certainly a very convenient location for what we wanted to see and do.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina