• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Best London Guidebook?

I just returned. I didn't use a guidebook, but I've been at least five times.

This official website is very helpful, especially the "things to do" when you're in the city. I referenced the Events Calendar and Tickets (BTW -- @PokeyMindy and I saw "Hamilton" while in London! It was fantastic!)

Enjoy London!

PS -- I didn't use an Oyster Card for the Tube. I used Apple Pay on my Apple Watch, but you can use other methods of contactless pay. It worked great! In fact, I used it for 99% of my spending in the UK, even in Chipping Campden in the Cotswolds.

Thanks for these suggestions, Cameron! We're planning our 4th visit to London from Aug 26- Sept 5 prior to joining our tour of Slovenia and Croatia. We have rented an apartment across from the Vic and Al through Ivy Lettings. We have BBC Prom tickets, The Lion King, Bluegrass concert at Cecil Sharp House, and a day trip to Oxford and Ashmolean tickets to their Pompeii Exhibit. I just read your suggestion to Events Calendar that there is a Thames Festival starting Sept 1 -30! A river trip sponsored by the Brunel Museum looks fascinating!

For your Proms concert: dress for hot weather (there is AC but there are up to 6000 people there and stage lighting) - open necks and short sleeves are pretty well essential for all but the most cold-blooded. And please take in a bottle of water to help suppress any urge to cough.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina