• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Best travel websites/apps

CityMaps2Go -- use it for every city I visit. Download map, uses no data, but has GPS. I use this travel app the most.

Next Stop Paris -- Paris public transportation in real time when connected; when not connected, you can still enter origin an destination to get schedules.

Trainline UK: Live Train Times, Tickets and Planner

MyTSA
Mobile Pass ("landing card" and separate line for customs at certain US Airports)

I also download travel guides for my locations.

Dictionary Linguee French/English (available for other languages).

Not an app per se, but I create/save .pdf files of all my travel reservations and information in iBooks. I create a folder for each trip. Since I have all Apple hardware, the information synchs on my iPhone, iPad, MacBook.

Sorry possibly not "the best" from momondo.com but having the airfares displayed for 7 days before and after my dates made a huge difference in the airline I chose and dates I traveled. Their data base and carriers is huge and includes such eclectic (and extremely budget) companies as Finnair, Vietnam air and the entire air China organization in all its iterations.

Getting the "best" airfare from airlines is like going to Vegas and playing 21 but with changing rules every time cards are dealt. Sister in law worked for Northwest in reservations. A jumbo going from NY to Paris can have as many as 250 different fares. Some day I am going to get on a plane with my Tourism Authority of Thailand ID and I am going to hand out cards asking people what they paid for their tickets and who they booked through.

Of course I pull up other sites at the same time.

Some nice mentions there. I find dictionary apps change quite a lot and really depends on how much you'd need a non-internet one on how remotely you travel and how quickly you'd need to get very basic language across, helps to have a couple I think.

This blog article I found is great for ridesharing to Europe, a lot of people especially in the US assume you can Uber anywhere which definitely isn't the case, with a few cities banning it. Plus other forms of rideshare apps are becoming popular for long distance travel in Europe. https://blog.telestial.com/2017/09/19/uber-equivalent-in-europe-ride-hailing-apps-you-need-eurotrip/

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina