• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Cotswolds Broadway Manor Cottages in the Cotswolds

Pauline

Forums Admin
June 2021, 1 week
Broadway Manor Cottages, The Stables, 2bed/2bath
Highly recommended.

Five cottages on an estate on the outskirts of Broadway in the north Cotswolds. The owners Debbie and Ross live in the historic Manor House. There is one apartment in that building, three attached houses that were previously farm workers cottages and a renovated stables. The Stables is separate from the other houses and has its own parking and private garden. The other cottages are in the main gardens and have a shared parking area.

The location is excellent. They are on West End Lane, a quiet, rural lane. You can drive to the center of Broadway in a few minutes or walk there in under 15 minutes. The long distance path The Cotswold Way goes right by the Manor, so you can take it into town (walk across two fields and you are in town). Broadway is a busy and beautiful Cotswold town. There are many pubs, restaurants and tea rooms. The Broadway Tower sits on the escarpment above town.

Our cottage was clean, comfortable and well equipped. The bed was very good, a superking (equivalent to a US king and not common in UK vacation rentals). The kitchen was good and we cooked all our meals there (small fridge). Debbie and Ross are around if you need them. The cottage is very private.

The cottage backs onto the lane but there is very little traffic and it is quiet. The windows look out to their field of sheep (3 friendly sheep).

We stayed there 12 years ago, in one of the attached cottages, and were pleased to stay here again. We came to do some hiking and had a great holiday. Read my trip report.

AD64D8C7-701B-45D1-AA67-BFA4A010FE5C.jpeg

The Stables on the left.

43267490-CFB0-44C1-986C-38E2C3644BC2.jpeg

Neighbors feeding the sheep across from the cottage.

63C8B77F-8A0F-4F8C-B794-AC98F716718E.jpeg

Hiking on the Cotswold Way above Stanton.

23AF44AD-D0AD-4BA9-9AFD-5D22A18C9894.jpeg

On the lower trail from Stanton back to Broadway.

AB1850EF-2D05-4734-B57C-D6D613B1ADA7.jpeg

Almshouses in Winchcombe.

All of the northern Cotswolds market towns are lovely and make a good base for hiking or exploring - Broadway, Chipping Campden, Winchcombe, Moreton in Marsh, Burford, Northleach. All are pretty, have good walking trails, are close to other sites.

This was our first trip after strict lockdown, with partial lockdown restrictions still in effect. I wanted to stay some place where I would be safe and looked after. Debbie and Ross run their business really well and we had stayed with them before. I wanted to stay with someone we knew.

I love their location and the walking trails from Broadway are my favourites in the Cotswolds. When we lived in Painswick we used to drive up to Broadway, or a nearby village frequently to hike (like the hike we did with you from Broadway).

Also, they were always fully booked when I’ve checked over the years for Cotswold holidays and this time they had a week open!

My favourite type of vacation rental accommodation is cottages/apartments on a farm/estate, like Giulia’s Valle Nuova in Le Marche, or Nico’s Sant Antonio in Tuscany or Cristina’s Aiolina in Chianti. You have other travelers around and the owner nearby if you need help or local information. We have this type of accommodations booked for our trip to Wales - a cottage on a farm.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina