• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Campania & Amalfi Coast Cilento Coast, Agropoli - Villa Gioconda, 4 bedroom (Summer in Italy)

Pauline

Forums Admin
Review of: Summer in Italy, agency with vacation rentals in Italy
http://www.summerinitaly.com/

These reviews were collected on the Slow Europe website and have been copied here. This is an old review but the villa is still for rent so I have included it.

Reviewed by: @Valerie
Reviewed on: June 1, 2009
Date of Stay: fall 2006

Vacation Rental Name: Villa Gioconda in Agropoli, Costa del Cilento

Full disclosure: Since renting two of their villas I have become friend with the owners.

We stayed at Villa Gioconda in October, 2006. There were four of us occupying three of the four bedrooms.
This is a great house for a small group of friends or a family get-together. The rooms are very spacious, with several areas for gathering and hanging out. The living room is open to the entry and dining but feels warm and tranquil. It has all the "usual" electronics. The dining room is nicely done, but I admit we never used it. We generally ate in the wonderful, enormous kitchen or out on the patio.

The kitchen is fabulous! It is huge but doesn't feel cavernous, with good work space. It is well equipped with everything you need, including plentiful dishware. There was ample space for two or three of us cook together without getting in each others' way.

The bedrooms are ample sized, especially the "honeymoon suite" with its huge bathroom and jet tub. Three bedrooms are upstairs, one is downstairs on the main level. The downstairs bathroom doesn't have a shower, but there is an additional full bathroom down in the taverna.

The taverna is amazing! We loved this room, which is great for a party. The big kitchen is equipped with a wood-fired pizza oven, and the cozy settee area has a fireplace. The very long dining room table accommodates everyone (I was told it was originally used in a monastery). The wide door opens up to turn it into an indoor/outdoor party area. Really neat space!

The black marble staircase is very attractive, but it could be a little hard to distinguish the steps at night. There is a door at the top of the stairs, to close off TV or conversation noise from sleeping kids or tired adults.

Furnishings are all modern and comfortable, fit well with the style of the house and needs of guests. We had a problem keeping two of the stove burners lit, but the owners responded immediately and sent someone right over to repair it. They responded quickly to all of our emails and questions and offered restaurant recommendations.

The terraces offered wonderful views. We took our coffee outside most mornings to take in the sea view. A pool has been installed since our stay.

The narrow road to reach the house is a little tricky at first, but once we got used to it, we navigated it more easily. There is a very good and inexpensive pizzeria just up the hill from the house, and a few other restaurants along the road up to there, as well as in Agropoli and nearby Santa Maria di Castellabate.

This was a great house for our little family reunion and we loved every minute of our stay here. We highly recommend it. The hospitality of the people in this area amazed us.

Ah, an oldie but goodie! :D We've stayed here several times since I posted this and it is our favorite villa rental of all. We love the views, the quiet, the space, the terraces, the kitchens...it is, as my sister says, "our happy place". :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina