• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Computer use in Italy - MacBook Air

reajackson

10+ Posts
I am going to be in the Tuscan Hill country in September - will have a car - planning on taking my MacBook Air -
Is there any issue with use of MacBook Air registered in the US to use in Italy? Are system technologies compatible?

And power for charging the computer - I have adapters is that sufficient?

Thanks in advance.
Rea J - Colorado

We used our Macbook in Italy and had no issues. The only issues were in streaming shows (i.e. Netflix) as not all shows have rights to be viewed in certain countries. We used the proper power adapter, but, if you bring a USB cable, most TVs have a USB port on the back you can also use to charge your phone/tablet/macbook. Hope this helps!

I've made trips to Italy with a MacBook Air with no problem; it works fine if you'll have Wi-Fi, and if you have a European plug adapter it works with the European voltage.

Howdy Andrew and Tatertots - thank you for the info - the place I am staying is with friends in Tuscany and they informed me they have reliable wi fi on their property. Good to know that I don't need to do a tech switch stateside before I leave - had to do that in Italy with an Italian cell phone SIM card back in the day and it was a bit of a hassle. I do have the power adapters that I will take with me. Again - thank you both!!! Rea

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina