• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Driving a UK car in France

Re the clip Pauline. Yes he is driving on the correct side of the road and turning into the correct lane. What he is also doing though is not signaling his turn and obviously cutting in front of the oncoming car rather than waiting till it has passed. So he's in the wrong, just not in the wrong in the way you thought. Still a good clip though and a good movie.

... So he's in the wrong, just not in the wrong in the way you thought. Still a good clip though and a good movie.

I remember it happened a few times in the movie and I was sure he was driving on the US side of the road, but not in that clip. Steve (my husband) thought the same. We'll have to watch it again.

To follow up on this post. We are in France and we are driving our UK car! I drove for 30 mins yesterday, Steve drove the same today. I found the driving easy but I had a straight forward drive and Steve talking me through the driving. It was worse as a passenger. He drives too close to the center line! Just like I thought he drove too close to the road edge when we started driving in the UK.

Plus I was navigating and took him down some narrow and crowded roads. But it went okay.

We put those things on our lights while in the ferry lineup as suggested. It doesn't get dark until 11pm so we won't be using our lights.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina