• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Enter EU Countries with no test starting March 1

Pauline

Forums Admin
Europe and the UK open up. Travelers from outside the EU can now enter EU countries and the UK without taking a Covid test if you are vaccinated.

Paul Charles reports on Twitter: Great news from the @EUCouncil - #UK and “third country” citizens who are fully-jabbed can enter EU countries from 1st March without needing any test proof. All travellers must have been jabbed at least 14 days before their trip and within 270 days.

Two or three vaccinations, as long as last is within 270 days.

View: https://twitter.com/ppaulcharles/status/1496107599695069189?s=21

This is awesome! Anyone know the definition of vaccinated? Two shots? Two shots plus booster? And what about kids that have had two jabs and are under 12?

Well, we got our first one in January of 21, second one in February of 21, and Booster September 16, 2021. Does that mean we have to start all over again? I sure don't want to do that!!!

Well, we got our first one in January of 21, second one in February of 21, and Booster September 16, 2021. Does that mean we have to start all over again? I sure don't want to do that!!!
Apparently the 270 day rule does not apply if you have the booster. Seems like no time limit on boosted individuals. Of course, each member state can have stricter rules.

Indeed looks like a relatively good time for travel :
1) restrictions are easing up significantly for the first time in a long time
2) the Omicron variant wave is receding, and is relatively less harmful IAC

Who knows what the next variant will bring....if it is similar to Omicron, the present routine can continue. If worse, it'll be a new wave with renewed restrictions. So this seems like a good opportunity for those who are really missing travel. Good luck to everyone.

Here in Israel all the various "green passes" will be cancelled in a few days, and there's talk of even cancelling indoor masking soon. The skies will be open to all travelers, vaccinated or not, that can show a negative test pre-flight and after landing.

Now if the US will just get rid of the required antigen test before returning, we will be all set.

Penn251 be careful with that website you posted above, it is a clickbait website and often full of errors. I don't read it anymore, too sketchy.
Thanks for the warning.

Now if the US will just get rid of the required antigen test before returning, we will be all set.

Penn251 be careful with that website you posted above, it is a clickbait website and often full of errors. I don't read it anymore, too sketchy.
I had posted the link over on FB but after reading your warning about the website I've deleted my post. Any safe sites to check?

and yes, hopefully the US will also get rid of required Covid test before flying back....

It somewhat depends what information you're looking for, but one official EU site is https://reopen.europa.eu/en/ . The source for the information that check-in agents for all airlines review is most easily found on the United site at https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic/ ; since they sometimes change the URL, it's advised to Google united timatic . If you're looking for upcoming changes that aren't implemented yet, it's harder to point to a single source; one way might be to use Google News for the country's name and COVID restrictions, and try to determine that it's a reliable outlet.

Last edited:
I had posted the link over on FB but after reading your warning about the website I've deleted my post. Any safe sites to check?

and yes, hopefully the US will also get rid of required Covid test before flying back....
I always check the US Embassy websites AND the official website of the country I am going to.. sometimes one or the other is slow to update information though.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina