• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Flooding in the UK

Pauline

Forums Admin
Well it is winter and the storms have been hitting the UK and causing flooding. This year is bad. Cumbria had flooding in early December, then on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) there was flooding in Lancashire and Yorkshire. Today another storm is battering northern England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland and causing more flooding. Some towns that were flooded before are being flooded again.

Usually it is smaller towns and villages that flood, but the Boxing Day storm (Storm Eva - they are naming storms now) flooded parts of York and Manchester.

We live in the southwest and are not getting the worst of these storms. Today we had heavy rain and strong winds. There was a little flooding in towns on the coast - but this always happens. I think the car park in Seatown flooded.

Winter - not the best time in the UK. The sun sets just after 4pm and on overcast days it feels like it is night during the middle of the day. But, the days are getting longer and spring always arrives earlier than I think it will.

BBC News - Homes evacuated and power cuts as Storm Frank hits UK

I wrote a blog post about some of this: Slow Travels - High Winds and Heavy Rain.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina