• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series France - Spin

Pauline

Forums Admin
We are watching season 3 of the French TV Series "Spin" on UK Channel 4 (one of the Walter Presents series). It is about French politics and this season is very good. The first two seasons were good, but this one has a bit more action.

In French the title is Les Hommes de l'ombre - meaning The Shadow Men - which seems more appropriate.

Apparently you can get this series on American TV via Amazon streaming. BUT you will have to pay $6.99 a month for Walter Presents in addition to your Amazon Prime membership.

This seems to be happening more and more in the streaming world. You have to subscribe to some additional service in order to watch a lot of the international series. I didn't see anything else on Walter Presents that I was interested enough in to sign up.

I certainly enjoyed it, though I doubt if there's quite that much concentrated skulduggery in everyday French politics (even if different plotlines do recall individual incidents over the decades).

We've been watching the new season of House of Cards and Spin and I get them confused! So, we will finish the season of Spin and then move to House of Cards!

Just finished Season 3 of Spin....looks like it will be the last one. I will miss it. I found it engrossing and nice change from European police procedurals and mysteries. Waiting now for the new season of Spiral...

Has anyone watched Baron Noir...another French political drama?

I can't find Baron Noir on Amazon US (except to buy the DVDs). So I'm guessing it's available only on Amazon UK.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina