• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

General strike Oct. 25

Andrew

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
This Friday, there's a general strike scheduled, but don't expect a complete shutdown of the country. One list in Italian from the Transportation Ministry's site is here. For Trenitalia, the Frecce (the main high-speed trains) are scheduled to run. For any transportation you're planning to take, you might see if their website gives information on what's planned.

Thanks, Andrew, for posting this. We were scheduled to leave from Rome to Venice tomorrow morning on Italo. That train is not guaranteed to run and besides, I don't want to have to deal with all the craziness that goes with a general strike. I was able to change our tickets for today, cutting our time here in Rome short. C'est la vie.

And again, grazie mille.

I was wondering if Italotreno workers belong to the same unions as Trenitalia employees and it turns out that they do, it would have been a nice point of difference for them if that wasn't the case.

Italo publishes the list of trains that run even during a strike, as does Trenitalia. You can find the list here: https://www.italotreno.it/~/media/Images/content/pdf/sciopero/lista_treni_garantiti.pdf

I've not bothered to check prices against the lists, I would assume that the guaranteed trains price out a little higher than the others but that may not be the case.

Venice was nuts today, with masses of extremely confused people gathering around the vaporetto docks at Ferrovia. Most trains were running, and we walked to the station and easily caught a train to Mestre to pick up our car.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina