• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Giri/Haji - Japan and England murder series

Pauline

Forums Admin
Giri/Haji, a BBC and Netflix production, gets a bad review in the Guardian, but we are enjoying the series. It is a murder mystery set in both Japan (Tokyo) and England (London). It is available to stream (all episodes) on BBC iplayer.

The Guardian - Giri/Haji review – Kelly Macdonald crime show is all killer and no thriller
From mob murders to snakes in letterboxes, this journey through the underbellies of London and Tokyo should be a smash. How have the BBC and Netflix managed to make it such a bore?

We both loved this show! I can't understand why it got a mediocre review. I loved the mix of British and Japanese. The last episode summarizes the relationships in the story in a dance scene! The "previously on" at the start of each episode is done like a graphic novel. Just fantastic!

Interesting...I started to record it but was put off by the Guardian review. Will take another look. Thanks.

Just finished watching Giri/Haji on Netflix....a very surprising show which continually keeps the viewer guessing. Very attractive cast and stylish production values....the dance sequence in the last episode is breathtaking. Thanks to Pauline for pushing me past the Guardian review....

My wife and I watched the show when it was shown here on BBC2 and we loved it from the word go. We aren't Guardian readers, though!

We both thought the dance scene and the ending as a whole was brilliant, and it was great to see something which was set outside Europe and the US on our TV screen.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina