• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This village has been popular with filmmakers.

IMG_6212.JPG

Yes, I thought you'd probably guess it, Ann, since your recommendation was one reason we went there. The Hundred-Foot Journey (with Helen Mirren) was filmed there -- although I think it had a better title in French: Les Recettes de Bonheur (Recipes for Happiness). Also, the WWII drama, Charlotte Gray.

Nope, Dubrovnik is actually inland, not surrounded by water, as is this island -- how's that for a clue!

Dubrovnick is on a peninsula so there is water on three sides but it helps to know this pic is an island. When you walk the walls you see lots of water. I haven't been to this place but will guess Rab.

Sorry, I was thinking Zagreb! We spent a week in Dubrovnik right on the water overlooking the Old Town.

And yes, it's Rab. Over to you!

One of my favourite views of Siena, from the bridge on Via Diacetto. A bit of a cheat because I stayed in an apartment just out of view to the left of where this was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina