• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess This Photo - December 2017

Right you are! Sorry if I picked something too obscure--figured Pauline might know it right away.

Here's the next, probably as easy as the last was difficult:
IMG_0084.JPG

Come on, this is easy -- except that is an unusual view of the town, which is usually viewed from the road below the chateau.

We visited Beynac 11½ years ago, so the photo looked familiar.

Glad you and your "Venice landlords" are enjoying the photos of Venice. We have been visiting since 1990 and will be spending our 11th consecutive Christmas here tomorrow.

Wishing everyone "Buon Natale!!!"

fullsizeoutput_2eb9.jpeg

Venezia December 2011​

Last edited:
Ok, a slightly obscure one, so getting country / region will be enough, and successful guesses more likely than people having been there

pic.jpg

A small clue, the name of the place is somewhat descriptive of it.

Last edited:
Italy is correct. I'm happy to take the region, so as there's only 20, guesses have a fair chance of being successful

It's definitely southern, with that style of housing, I'd say. And from the look of the landscape, it's too hilly for Puglia. I only know bits of Basilicata, but that would be my first guess. And I've never been to Calabria, but that would be my second.

Not Basilicata and not Calabria...

The town is quite remarkable in that what you see is effectively the centre of town, with the bridge you see and the bridge the photo was taken from, connecting the two halves. The photo doesn't do justice to the steepness.

Many thanks Pauline. :)

Anyways... we've got the picture as Italy, but not Basilicata or Calabria. Can anyone guess the region?

Two days before the end of the month and 18 regions available....

Is that a bridge or an aqueduct in the distance?

I would have guessed Rhonda Spain if you had not have posted Italy

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina