• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess This Photo - May 2018

Hint: This is the location of one of the most scandalous romances in the 20th Century. It even caused the Pope to comment. The bridge was constructed so the couple could crossover without being on the street and they could say they were not living together (against the law in this country at the time) especially since they were both married to other people.

If you were the famous actor who walked across the bridge in "guess this photo" - you would have been greeted with these famous pair of eyes.

eyes.jpg

If you can identify who the male actor in the John Huston film the location will come easily.

Ann - not Rome
It has been said that the bridge was modeled after "The Bridge of Sighs" in Venice, but it actually resembles "Ponte della Paglia" more.

One would have travel many miles to the west from Rome to find this location. (Not Europe)

John Huston directed an adaption of a Tennessee Williams stage play The Night of the Iguana

the-night-of-the-iguana-poster.jpg

Richard Burton, who was having an affair with Elizabeth Taylor, and she had followed her new lover to the small Mexican beach community of Puerto Vallarta. Their affair was the hottest story in all the tabloidsof the time. Casa Kimberly had a bridge added to an adjoining house for the couple to transit back and forth

Puerto Vallarta is a lovely town nestled in a Bay of the Pacific Ocean.

As for the movie “The Night of the Iguana” is extremely intense that addresses things that unfortunately still haunt society today. Extremely powerful acting and filmed in Black and White. Grab some popcorn - it is movie time!

JT - You are up!

Looking at the way people are dressed, I would have to guess USA

The combination of a green house and the gardens suggests a park somewhere... Following through on Colo's suggestion of the USA, how about the San Francisco Golden Gate Park?

Those are wonderful pictures of flowers JustTravel.

Where is this (and can anyone tell me where we were standing to take this panorama view)?
Screen shot 2018-05-12 at 15.11.45.png

A clue - this is an important port and tourist destination in Northern Europe.

Last edited:
This is the view for those arriving by sea... (The pnorama picture was taken from the viewpoint in front of the cafe on the first hillside.)
Screen shot 2018-05-15 at 07.00.37.png

The mountain is Fløyen and the panorama is taken from there looking down to Bergen.

Over to you again JustTravel

That's in my neck of the woods, and is the Parliament Building in Victoria, B.C., Canada.

I really regret not having spent longer in Victoria when we were in Canada last year. We arrived there in mid afternoon on a wet and squally day, and left the next morning to drive to Ucluelet. On the return, we only got back in late afternoon, and had a few of hours to explore before returning to the mainland on one of the morning ferries.

From the limited time I spent there, it looked a wonderful place.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina