• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - November 2018

JustTravel

1000+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
YV4-UYRajKTUjBUlc0xtnJsfR3YA_PDkZIPh3ZIhMFxkCoSGxaO61rsvZ1J4-fbd56AeMOffccKhMsxaXG0agBBAx51IHJT7N3M7uvv3DRkV9-cBIbsGRewDMxjQ1uITi_ncr1ZGodhCGVNYdi2Agv-2S8VIRMxu-tZmSnApN7cHaZNAvKQH_jNoxf3-BVuhFS19YlADafEVARn77jF3WXpNKrPOMgoYWY7mdA4tvXZUPZqXX_viZmyfPEoOm3eJpOrRBslwrxawru7D5J9rRyNy1YRk3GQxkmYdG65TMsforeZ3uGXZsulUQqiRN1dFtmq4KRT74MV8fs9hbs0GSrqcoer-SPKBUDSm_ynFt3z3n-bmYZprhB5PIJ92UPMt6MEzMJupZpmD9kd0QWnleIXXJXUNdZjlPKGeax1TyvMTw_aauvGcUzAYDgBMlOl7Z9jaOUgmKqtqsvlw2Sq09PTbUh8ydiLlfoU0CTxprX2WpGvv-26Nign35FkkH9jTxzqiW7I86-w2u1G_wnCzNPDNDJKI1fSbnDbbuSjYQsglWiwOOKnk40ZKA3M0gJDkMhrjv4EmidcJarlIc3wuJnDC1RTax8wbLLnpULAbr0HJZEZckomcyvxq_QcHmBrOIMneSiyX5gAcRZAtOKytLcVe=w1034-h1378-no

Anyone recognize this place?

For some reason, it is very slow opening on my PC, but the Portuguese flag had given me a rough idea.

I think it might be Guimaraes

Thanks Ann - I was just lucky as last week I had been writing up my personal webpages for our Portuguese trip last year - and Guimaraes castle was one of the places we had visited.

Try this one.
TB5.jpg

The statue above is not far from the picture below. Something not nearly as old as it looks.

TB6.jpg

Going as much by the clue, as faded memories of a visit, is it the Borgo Medievale in Parco Valentino, Torino?

A rather surprisingly enjoyable facsimile. :)

Next photo might be a tough one I'm afraid, but I'm out of other photo options again
winter.jpeg (2).jpeg

As a clue. There are not one, but two cathedrals in this city, though this is the better known / more central and older than the other by almost 800 years.

I think it might be Norwich Cathedral (the other being St John's Catholic cathedral). It's so big, it is almost impossible to photograph.

It is indeed Eleanor, this photo taken of the Cloisters, a pleasantly quiet place.

I spent a very wet afternoon there a couple of years ago. It is an amazing cathedral.

I don't think I've used this one before...
Screen shot 2018-11-18 at 15.07.34.png

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina