• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Italy but more central than north.

Here's another photo taken during the same walk.....

fullsizeoutput_5e07.jpeg

Looks a bit hilly for (much of) Emilia-Romagna - maybe somewhere in Umbria

I'm struggling now though, as I see no vines ;) (looks a nice place to walk though)

Italy as well I think, difficult to tell if it's a lake or the sea, so I'll say one of the northern lakes as it looks rather flat for a sea.

Well, we're now into October, so I guess this Sept thread has reached the end of its lifespan.

My photo was taken in Castel Gandolfo, a little south of Rome, overlooking Lake Albano. One day in Jan 2016, we took the train from Rome to Frascati for a day trip. Frascati didn't appeal to us for whatever reason, so we hopped a bus and headed over to Castel Gandolfo. We spent the afternoon doing not much of anything...ambled around, sat in the piazza for a while, hung out on a terrace overlooking the lake and admired the view. Also had lunch in a little restaurant (not the one in the photo) that served the most delicious chickpea soup (we've been trying in vain to replicate it at home!) Charming town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina