• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Has anyone stayed overnight at a winery near Mt. Etna? looking for feedback

milgreen2

10+ Posts
We're oh-so-close to booking our trip to Sicily in October, and am trying to decide whether it would be charming and lovely to spend our first night in a winery near Mt. Etna, and then our next two nights in Taormina, or just stay in Taormina all three nights and do a day trip to Etna.

I know Slow travelers usually recommend against 1night stays, if anyone has stayed at Barone di Villagrande, or Tenuta Fessina, or Fischetti Wineray, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Barone di Villagrande

I've not stayed at Barone di Villagrande, but I've taken a pizza-making class there and drank their wines. A very lovely place with friendly staff! I imagine it would be a nice stay.
The view from the winery terrace:

IMG_2831.jpg

I will check when I get home tonight. Depending on our final trip dates, and whether we fly into CTA for mid-to-late afternoon, it might make good sense to plan a 2-nt stay anyway -- it's not terribly far from the airport and I can think of worse ways to ease into vacation and work off jet lag.

We love Siclian wines, and are big fans of Tenuta delle Terre Nerre Etna Rosso, but I don't believe we've ever had Villagrande wines.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina