• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello! This is Line

Linaluna

Hello everyone! My name is Line and I live in the province of Québec. My travels usually start a long time before I leave. I read about the history and culture of the place I will be visiting, I cook and try the local cuisine, and borrow or buy too many travel books. My travels in Japan have been prepared for years, as I have been studying Japanese, corresponding and then meeting with penpals. I have visited many parts of Perù, and not enough yet of Costa Rica.
But my heart now belongs to Italy. I have been only twice, and only stayed in 6 cities, most between Rome and Venice, but it is only the beginning of a long love story! I had the privilege to meet with very friendly people, have been driven here and there in small villages around Tuscany, and have indulged my eyes with hours of Renaissance paintings contemplation. If I return by myself, I will visit Puglia, Abruzzi, Le Marche, and return to see more of Umbria and Emilia Romagna. If my husband accompanies me, it will be anywhere across northern Italy, the main point being Cremona.
My wish would be being able to stay 1-2 weeks in the same italian city, one with a medieval air, or maybe in a small village between sea and mountain. Where? I don't know yet. But I definitely want to add a SLOW component to my travels.
I have loved the slowliness of Orvieto and this is the kind of city I wish to visit more often.
I am also attracted by northern Spain, le Pays Basque, la Provence, Ireland, Scotland, Amsterdam, and I have visited Paris.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina