• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotel/B & B recommendations for Florence

italian excursion

100+ Posts
I've not been to Florence in quite a few years so when folks ask me for recommendations I have to ask those of you with recent experience. I've seen a couple of suggestions but not too many. Anyone want to chime in? It's for September.

Ciao,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

BOBS HOTELS IN FLORENCE

SMALL B&Bs Prices from 140 to 200E for a double room

www.ilvillino.it Nice people and good value

www.ladimoradegliangeli.com Lovely B&B—great location

www.residenzailcarmine.com/ Well priced apartments

MID –RANGE HOTELS: Prices from 150 to 300E by season

* www.hoteldavanzati.it Great location and amenities

* www.hotelcasci.com Good family hotel in centro location

* www.hotelsilla.it Across the river with less noise & people

* www.ilguelfobianco.it Hard to beat for location and service

* www.hotelburchianti.it/english/welcome.htm Great location---historic hotel

BETTER 4 STAR HOTELS: Prices from 250 to 350E by season

www.hotel-pierre-florence.com Very central elegant hotel

www.monnalisa.it An elegant historical palace—Santa Croce

BUDGET HOTELS---BEST VALUE: Priced from 90 to 120E for double

* www.hotelfiorita.com/en/home.html Great value near station

* www.hotelnizza.com/en/ Also near station---basic but nice

Great list, Bob!

I've stayed at Hotel Casci 3-4 times. The location is fantastic. My only negative comment is that their towels are like table linen - very thin! Good breakfast, wifi and AC worked.

Hi all...I was just in florence for 3 weeks in April and returning for 1 week at the end of May. I am having the best luck with AirBnB throughout Italy. However, I think the trick for Florence is to book way ahead. Example: I had a beautiful and small apartment right in the Piazza looking at the inlaid marble of Santa Maria del Fiore for $102 usd per night (this reflects a long stay discount; reg was about $120.00); when I just decided to return for another week, the best spot I could find is a new studio apt. near the Train Station for $100.00 a night. (I really like having a little kitchen to stay healthy on the road! )

A big disadvantage of Airbnb or apt rentals is you have no front desk or concierge etc.

A good site is https://www.bed-and-breakfast.it/it/ BUT it doesn't know whether there is availability so it shows you all B&B's and then you use their "contact the B&B interface" to send a message and wait a day to get a response via my email. (if I get a YES response then I check the ratings in TA etc.)

PS: I've been in Naples for almost 2 weeks and just LOVE it here. This is like Italy used to be 50+ years ago.

Last edited:
I spent two nights at a very charming Hotel called Hotel Pendini. I rarely find hotels with two bedrooms, but this one had it and it was perfect for me and my family for a brief two days in Florence before our return flight back to the States.

It's a little pricey, but it included a really nice breakfast and the location was within close walking distance to lots of shops, the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very clean.
IMG_8305.JPG
IMG_8276.JPG

We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago: Palazzo Guadagni. It's on the Oltrarno, with nice large rooms and a loggia where you can sip a glass of prosecco and enjoy great views over the city. We were only there for an overnight before an early flight out of Florence but it was a nice place, and I'd recommend it.

I spent two nights at a very charming Hotel called Hotel Pendini. I rarely find hotels with two bedrooms, but this one had it and it was perfect for me and my family for a brief two days in Florence before our return flight back to the States.

It's a little pricey, but it included a really nice breakfast and the location was within close walking distance to lots of shops, the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very clean. View attachment 11124View attachment 11125

Looks perfect. I was browsing this forum for something like this instead of creating my own topic and saw your recomendation. I think, I will try to settle in this hotel. By the way, do they have some entertainment? Last year I was at Westgate Resorts in Orlando (https://www.westgateresorts.com) and they had specials I really liked. If they have something alike in this hotel, I think I should reserve a room as soon as possible.

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina