• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

I'm Searching For Airfare!

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
I can't even believe I'm typing this, but we've found a wonderful place to stay at a reasonable price, and now I'm trying to figure out the flight options. If we completely scrap the Ireland portion of our trip (which is looking more and more likely), then we can fly directly into FCO from DFW, JFK or ATL. Can I use FF miles to book those? Right now I['m waiting for American Airlines to call me back "so you don't have to be on hold" for over FOUR HOURS!, and I need to ask a bunch of questions, but I think I'm on the verge of committing to Umbria for September and October!!!

Yes, we have an American Airlines booking on FF miles. They made some changes last weekend, and I asked a series of questions about it in a private Twitter message, which got answers that appeared to be researched but I hope not final. More details might fit better on another thread.

I can't even believe I'm typing this, but we've found a wonderful place to stay at a reasonable price, and now I'm trying to figure out the flight options. If we completely scrap the Ireland portion of our trip (which is looking more and more likely), then we can fly directly into FCO from DFW, JFK or ATL. Can I use FF miles to book those? Right now I['m waiting for American Airlines to call me back "so you don't have to be on hold" for over FOUR HOURS!, and I need to ask a bunch of questions, but I think I'm on the verge of committing to Umbria for September and October!!!
Can you use the miles to just upgrade?
Or......here's a twist I've not done before: I'm booking a flight for that time, too and the consolidator booked my domestic flights for economy, my overseas in and out of Europe on business class. It cut the cost way down and I'll be most comfortable on my longest flights. Happy girl!

Due to the prices, and also the fact that Art's mileage hasn't posted to his account yet, we bought the tix with $$$. Next year we'll both fly free - just another reason to stay healthy! It wasn't possible to use miles to upgrade but we did purchase an upgrade for the flight home - it's on the Dreamliner and they have a Premium Economy class. Had there been an option to upgrade for the flight TO Rome I know Art would have jumped at the chance, but since I know I'm not gonna sleep no matter how wide or flat my seat is, it didn't really matter that much to me.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina