• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Israel ISRAEL Jerusalem - 1 bedroom apartment in the German Colony

Pauline

Forums Admin
Colony Suites - The Levant Apartment
http://www.colonysuites.com/
1bedroom/1bathroom, plus loft for a child
Kosher kitchen
March 2018, 1 week

The apartment was clean, spacious and bright. It is located on Emek Rafaim Street, but is set back from the street so you don't get street noise. It is on ground level (up a few steps). Checkin and checkout were easy.

The location is very good - in the heart of the lovely German Colony neighborhood. Cafes, restaurants and shops closeby. A good natural foods shop a couple of blocks away. Easy 30 minute walk to the gates of the Old City. Walk on the Train Line Park to First Station (restaurants, shops) in 15 minutes.

We asked for a fragrance-free apartment and the agency made sure the cleaners used no air-fresheners and also had the laundry provide sheets and towels with no fragrance.

This agency has other apartments in this area. The Levant has a full size kitchen with a 4 burner gas stovetop. Some of the other apartments offer smaller kitchens, with 2 burner stovetops. This agency is very good. We will book with them again. I chose The Levant because it is in an historic building. Next time I will book The Colony which is on a side street, in a modern building, and gets more direct sun and is on the second floor.

Note that the kitchens are Kosher which means there is one set of plates, cutlery, pots and sponges for cooking meat and another for dairy. Either set can be used for cooking vegetables or grains. We don't eat meat and use limited dairy, so it was easy for us. I made sure the butter we used never touched the meat dishes, cutting board or sponge.

jerusalem-0094.jpg

Apartment entrance on ground level of three storey building.

jerusalem-0203.jpg

Looking from apartment to main street. It is set well back.

Reactions: Amy
Thanks for the review.
Which of the apartments did you stay in ?
Could you post pictures of the interiors ?

The review is for the Levant apartment. I chose it because it was in an older building. We are renting from Colony Suites again in November but staying in the Colony apartment this time, a few blocks from Levant, a modern building and on the first floor instead of ground level.

I am traveling and don’t have photos with me but the website phots are accurate.

Several of their apartments are in the same building but these two are not. We walked by the building with their other apartments and it is in a good location.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina