• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Itinerary?

Cbalsano

We’re interested in traveling to France next June with 2 teenaged grandkids and their parents. We’ll have around 12 days and are ok with driving. Must stops are Paris and Normandie beaches. Ideas? Thanks!

Hi !
I am new in this forum. I am a french woman actually starting a travel blog about France.

I don't know if this itinerary will interest you because it doesn't allow to enjoy Normandie Beaches. It has been made following my favorite places in France. Perhaps it can inspire you...

DAY 1 : Charles de Gaulle Airport and transfert to your hotel in Montmartre - Night in Paris ;

DAY 2 : Visit Paris – Night in Hotel Montmartre Paris ;

DAY 3 : Visit Paris on the morning – Rent a car and drive to Mont Saint Michel - Night at Mont Saint Michel ;

DAY 4 : Visit Mont Saint Michel on the morning – Drive to Vallée de la Loire – Night in Chambord

DAY 5 : Visit Chambord Castle in the morning – Drive to Amboise and visit Amboise Castle – Drive to Bordeaux – Night in Bordeaux ;

DAY 6 : Visit Bordeaux in one day – Night in Bordeaux ;

DAY 7 : Drive from Bordeaux to Toulouse and visit Toulouse – Night in Toulouse ;

DAY 8 : Drive from Toulouse to Carcassonne and visit Carcassonne City – Return driving to Toulouse – Night in Toulouse ;

DAY 9 : Drive from Toulouse to Cordes sur Ciel – Visit the village – then drive from Cordes to Saint Cirq Lapopie – Take your lunch in the village – then drive from Saint Cirq Lapopie to Rocamadour – Visit the village and night in Rocamadour ;

DAY 10 : Drive from Rocamadour to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport ;

An other solution (less tiring) to come back is to drive from Rocamadour to Brives Airport and take a flight for Paris Charles de Gaulle.

Karine
https://blogforfrance.com

Sorry, I just realized that we are on the forum of slow travel ... My itinerary is probably too busy for your travel philosophy. I always want to do the maximum in a short time while taking more time to visit we enjoy better !
Karine

Hi Karine
Yes that is correct, though this forum does try to help out people who want to travel faster than ourselves. It should always be about what suits the traveler, rather than seeking to impose our values on them.

That's one reasons I resist the idea of 'Must see'. For different people, a location may vary from 'must see' to 'nothing to see here':cool:

Regards
Ian

Hi Karine
Yes that is correct, though this forum does try to help out people who want to travel faster than ourselves. It should always be about what suits the traveler, rather than seeking to impose our values on them.

That's one reasons I resist the idea of 'Must see'. For different people, a location may vary from 'must see' to 'nothing to see here':cool:

Regards
Ian

It's true but complicated to do when you've always been used to traveling fast.
I'm always afraid to miss something incredibly beautiful... while I can live something incredibly strong otherwise...

It's true that everyone has their own idea of the place to see. However, there are also some people who need and ask to be advised and who can not travel without advice...

I would do 12 days like this.

5 nights Paris. Lots to see and do here!
Pickup rental car.
5 nights Bayeux (good base for this part of Normandy - town will have things for the kids to do). Explore Normandy beaches, up the coast to Dieppe, visit Mont St Michel.
2 nights somewhere else - depends what you are interested in seeing.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina