• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Just Starting Planning for Trip to Spain - Travel between Barcelona and San Sebastian?

Went to Fuente De on one of the few sunny days I had during my stay in Asturias. Was a long slog, the last 40-60 kilometers on winding, narrow roads going south.

Views were spectacular at the top. Walked for about 30 minutes towards Aliva Valley but because it was one of the few nice, clear, sunny days, I decided to head back to Asturias to another scenic spot, Lastres.

I thought the best scenic views though were from the cable car station, looking down at the valley, greenery everywhere. Only thing better would be if there were still snow on the peaks, so that you'd have one of those Switzerland views.

But I didn't mind the hike, on the back side which is much less green than the scenery of the valley below.

I also wanted to go to the two big lakes near Covadonga but those were often fogged over (I was checking webcams every day) during my time. Bulnes was a little better but it also didn't have the clear sunny weather while I was there.

Generally it seems that the coastal areas will remain overcast but if you drive 50 kilometers south or so, there's still a good chance of a lot of sun.

Had better weather the following week in San Sebastian but it didn't get fully sunny, there were always clouds or haze other than for a couple of days.

Again was looking at weather cams. Took day trips to Pamplona and a couple of smaller places nearby and then west to Zumaia. Finally took an afternoon day trip to Biarritz, which generally seems to get more sun than San Sebastian despite being just 50 kilometers to the NE.

Just spectacular coastline all over that region.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina