• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We've been to La Sagrada Familia twice before, and now, for our third visit, I see it possible to go up in one of two towers. According to the website, you can choose either the tower on the Nativity facade with views over the east of Barcelona, or the tower on the Passion facade facing the city centre.

I'm sure the views are spectacular from either tower (if the weather cooperates!), but wondered if anyone had comments or suggestions about choosing one tower over the other. My initial reaction would be to select the tower that overlooks the city center, but that's not based on anything other than thinking it would include more recognizable sites - which might mean very little. Thoughts?

Hello Barb and Art:
We walked up the tower on the Nativity side. The view was nothing special. One sees the grid layout of the city blocks and the lake in the park across the street. What was special were the close-up views of the nativity sculptures and the ceramic dove. I suspect "for views" the passion side would be better.

I found the view across the lake at night provided a good photo op of the cathedral .

For a panoramic view of the city, the view from the Teleferico across the harbour is recommended
a Barcelona (01a).jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina