• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Manchester and Liverpool tips three days and parking

DonPolo

10+ Posts
I’m staying in Bolton at the moment and have three days to drive into Manchester and/or Liverpool neither of which I’ve visited before. I have a small car and don’t mind parking and walking to get some exercise especially if it saves money. Pubs? Markets? Museums? Other? Got the guide book recommendations as a start.

As you have probably realised there are lot of things to do and see in both Manchester and Liverpool. What sort of things do you like doing? Top of my list is the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry, but that may not appeal to everyone...

For Manchester, Park and Ride may be the answer rather than trying to find somewhere in the city centre.

Liverpool doesn't have park and ride but is probably better served with car parks. here are details about city centre parking here.

Great thanks Eleanor

Coming from Bolton is tricky. Park and ride sounds good. The S&I Museum is interesting because of the industrial history of the area. I’m also interested in the Imperial War Museum North and google shows some Christmas Markets near the National Football museum. Funny how we end up getting all cultural when we visit a city then hardly visit a museum at home! I suppose it helps to put the new place in context.

I've not been to the Imperial War Museum North but the family have and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. There was a lovely old guy who had fought in WW2 who was dressed in his uniform and kept the grandsons entertined for ages with his stories.

The IWM North was a moving experience. Not a glorification of war: far from it. And very inclusive of women, other countries and races and seeing war from both sides.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina