• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Mxp and or Vce to Bardolino

Kat

10+ Posts
Basically need til know how to get from both airports to Bardolino?
And where precisely do I want to stay for the wine festival (area) this Oct? Thank you!!

Hi Kat
Are those two the only practical options from home for you? Verona is a nice sized airport and gets you closer to Bardolino.

We flew into Venice (Treviso) which IIRC had a modest taxi fare to get the the train station. It looks like the standard route would have you changing at Verona, so if there's any way you can fly into Verona, it would cut a whole leg and a lot of hassle out.

If coming from Milano side, it looks like the change of trains is at Peschiera

If I'm reading correctly, the train doesn't go to Bardolino: you could get a bus from the station at Peschiera del Garda or Verona. There would also be a direct bus from Verona airport:

Edit: More detail about the Verona-based buses is at https://www.atv.verona.it/Atv_Verona_home_page_EN . There I don't see a direct Verona Airport-Bardolino bus; it would call for a change at the train station. For flying to Verona you wouldn't have non-stops from the U.S.; you'd likely need to change in Germany, and consider which works best for price and convenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kat
Hi Kat
Are those two the only practical options from home for you? Verona is a nice sized airport and gets you closer to Bardolino.

We flew into Venice (Treviso) which IIRC had a modest taxi fare to get the the train station. It looks like the standard route would have you changing at Verona, so if there's any way you can fly into Verona, it would cut a whole leg and a lot of hassle out.

If coming from Milano side, it looks like the change of trains is at Peschiera
Yes our airline flies to VCE & MXP
Still figuring out where the wine festival is precisely. Which area in Bardolino?

Yes our airline flies to VCE & MXP
Still figuring out where the wine festival is precisely. Which area in Bardolino?
There isn't much detail is there! However I've seen similar events where full details are only published a week or two before. I'm guessing you've seen this (my underlining)

Music, colors, food and wine, shows, local crafts and dozens of events dedicated to ruby red nectar. All this is the Bardolino Grape Festival, the annual stage created to pay homage to the symbolic wine of a territory, from the Classico to the Superiore and to the Chiaretto, which from 29 September to 3 October 2022 will animate the lakefront and the streets of the historic center. Bardolino with a full calendar of events. The beating heart of the event will be the Carrara Bottagisio Park, where local associations will offer his majesty Bardolino for tasting, in a long avenue dedicated to the most famous glass of red on Lake Garda. But the Grape Festival is not just wine: dozens of menus will be ready to delight you comfortably seated in the thousands of seats available on the shores of Lake Garda, being able to enjoy the splendid sunsets over the water. And there will be musical events, both at the Carrara Bottagisio Park and at the Port of Bardolino.

Reactions: Kat

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina