• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Naples ??

Thanks, ellen and Ian.
I went ahead a reserved a car from the airport on AutoEurope. I like the idea of stopping somewhere along the route for lunch and a look around. But, that train looks good too. Our trip is not until April so I have plenty of time to mull it over.

Jan, we picked up our rental car from the Naples airport too, and had no problem getting out to the autostrade. There's a taxi stand on the north side of Piazza Dante, by the way, only a few minutes walk from the apt. We just walked up and grabbed a taxi from there.

Reactions: jan
If you're staying near Piazza Dante there's a fixed fare to the airport of €18. This is all inclusive and you have to tell the driver you want it before the trip begins/before he engages the meter. I find the drivers have sometimes put on a show about this but the fares went up a couple of weeks ago so maybe they'll be more agreeable about it.

You can see the new fare chart on the city's web site here: http://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/IT/IDPagina/1193

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina