• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

New Feature - Articles

Another thing - in the new Articles forums, under the article, the About section of the author's profile is posted. Some of us have listed all our trip reports there. Is this a good thing? I think it might be. If people don't like it, we could move them to another field in the profile. I am also looking at a way to list all the articles someone has written. Resources did this, but it looks like Articles doesn't. However there is probably a way to do this.

I would like to have at least one photo in an article so it displays nicely on the main page.

Articles without photos:
@Jan55612

@Pauline

@Pauline

@PokeyMindy

I'll contact each of you and also look for photos to use from the media section.

Last edited:
All the travel articles in the Resources section have been moved and I closed down the Resources section.

Now I am adding new articles using the material I previously had in the Day Trips section of the main website. I liked that Day Trips section but there were two problems. 1. I was not adding content fast enough. 2. The custom software was hard to maintain (Steve wrote the software). I think these Day Trips will work well as travel articles and no more custom software or web pages to maintain since everything is done using the forums software (which Xenforo maintains).

A lot of my old Day Trips have been moved into the Articles forums. I am working on UK articles now.

I made a change to the About the Author section of articles. Previously it displayed the entire About You section of the Author's profile and some of us have long About You sections. I changed it so that only a few lines show but there is a scroll bar to scroll down through the section. I think Xenforo will update this in the future and have an option for me to decide what to display there. In regular forums, the signature is displayed below each post. But in Articles they display that About You section.

That makes sense an it could be a bit of a daunting list!

I've enjoyed your latest article about Cornwall's prehistoric sites.

That makes sense an it could be a bit of a daunting list!

I've enjoyed your latest article about Cornwall's prehistoric sites.
Thanks! Working on this made me remember how much I LOVE Cornwall. Too bad it is booked solid this year by Brits doing staycations.

I am working on the format of the main articles page - where the articles are displayed with a photo and some text. The default layout is one large article, then two rows of two, then rows of four. I changed it to be rows of four - all of them. Maybe this is better?

And we are back to how it was in the beginning. It did not work well on the iPad but mainly if you have a sticky post at the top of the article forum, the number of articles on the page is increased and looks unbalanced.

One thing I don't like about this article listing is that you cannot see the number of views of each article. I think this will be changed in the future by Xenforo. This is the first release of this new feature and they will make changes.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina