• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

News - Europe to restrict visitor numbers

Pauline

Forums Admin
(April Fools!) Excerpted from the British Press, 1 April 2017

In an attempt to curb visitor numbers and cut down on crowding in major tourist areas, the European Union (EU) will require visitor visas for all visitors from non-EU countries.

Visitors to EU countries will be limited by month of travel according to their country of residence. Each country (based on continent) has been assigned a month when their residents may visit Europe. No visits outside the assigned month are possible. No visitor can arrive in one month and stay into the next month.

The visitor schedule is as follows:
Asia - February
Africa - March
North America - April
South America - May
Australia - June
Antarctica - October

No visitors except from other European countries may visit in the following months: January, July, August, September, November, December.

This will take effect 1 April 2018.

The goal of this legislation is to limit over-crowding in popular towns and cities and to give time for Europeans to enjoy Europe on their own.

Visitors will benefit by no longer having to choose the time to visit - that decision has been made for them. Visitors will feel more comfortable in Europe with people from their part of the world (to limit culture clash). Perhaps they will meet their friends and neighbors while traveling in Europe.

-- END --

positano-2796.jpg
Lovely Positano will not be as crowded.

Last edited:
But aren't you (about to be) in a non-EU country? Since England doesn't fit in any of the other categories, could you be banned? :eek:

Is your island officially part of the continent? The EU, who seem to be in charge of this scheme, may consider this the perfect opportunity to get even for Brexit!

September to November is usually my favorite time to travel. I've never traveled to Europe in April! But I guess there's always a first time for everything.

Good one Pauline!:D

Thanks for this. For a moment it felt like the old days.
I'm confused. Is this for real? Does this mean my trip to Sant'Antonio next year is off for June, 2018? I realize I may not be in on the joke??? Guess I'm getting old, and panic easily. I think this really is a joke!!!!

Pauline -- you got me for a second. There has been so much bizarre REAL news lately that I started out thinking this might be true -- but then I remembered what day it was. Thanks for your creativity! It is like the "old days".

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina