• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Pandemic Travel Zoom Presentation/Rick Steves

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
Pandemic Travel I watched this on Monday night and thought it was well presented and informative. Of course, as mentioned, rules and regulations change quickly so we, as savvy travelers, must do our homework. But well worth the extra steps to get back to Europe. I'm not going until May 2022 so it's really a crapshoot as to what will be required for travel to and from France.

I hope some of you enjoy the video.

Best regards,

Mindy-Pokey

I was watching on Zoom as well. Great stuff. I have been watching his Monday night travel zoom's since last January.
In addition to the zoom broadcast Cameron has a great blog post on his travels during the pandemic.
Caneron's Blog Post
Also there are are a ton of questions and answers at the end.

Thanks for posting that. Back last spring I was watching his Monday night travel party regularly, but dropped off once summer started. I had forgotten all about it. It was fun to set up the same or similar foods Rick was having.

We're going to Quebec City in late December. I'm hoping that maybe they relax some of their requirements by then, e.g. a covid test. I've already downloaded the ArriveCAN app.

You're right, it is definitely a moving target!

Thanks for posting that. Back last spring I was watching his Monday night travel party regularly, but dropped off once summer started. I had forgotten all about it. It was fun to set up the same or similar foods Rick was having.

We're going to Quebec City in late December. I'm hoping that maybe they relax some of their requirements by then, e.g. a covid test. I've already downloaded the ArriveCAN app.

You're right, it is definitely a moving target!
I've seen a few other of Rick's Monday night Zoom "travels". I've also watch many free Zoom presentations by Dr. Rocky Ruggiero. He's phenomenal!! His free programs now are on Tuesday's at 11:30am EST, unfortunately it's the only day I work! Previously they've also been on Friday evenings. I've paid for a few of his "live" feeds which are a lot of fun. ($20.00; happy to help out folks who've taken such a hit due to Covid/travel business). If you're not familiar with him, here's a link to his website. Rocky Ruggiero.

Enjoy Quebec City! On my list of places to visit.

Pokey

Thanks for posting this, Mindy. I am in Montenegro now and have a flight back to San Diego on December 13 from London. I have to leave Montenegro next week, so I am going to Vienna. When I booked, things were not so bad in Austria but they are now. After Vienna I am going to London for eleven days before my flight. I look EVERY SINGLE DAY to make sure I can get into both countries. Today is the day the UK should announce if any countries will go back on their red list, so after today I will rest a little easier as the next announcement would be after I arrive there.

My reason for going to Vienna is I want to see the Christmas markets, and they have some new rules that are ambiguous on their websites that made me worry I would have to be vaccinated AND get a PCR test to go into a market. I wrote to the tourist board and they assured me this test is only for unvaccinated. When I get to the UK I have to take a day two antigen test. I have never had to take a test and am so worried it will be positive - this part is exhausting. I am alone virtually all the time these days so I am not sure why I am so worried! But I need to get back to San Diego, this is fo sho.

I do not believe borders will shut again in the spring but it will be the tests coming and going that will be a worry for people that can't spend an unplanned two weeks if they happen to test positive.

Thanks for posting this, Mindy. I am in Montenegro now and have a flight back to San Diego on December 13 from London. I have to leave Montenegro next week, so I am going to Vienna. When I booked, things were not so bad in Austria but they are now. After Vienna I am going to London for eleven days before my flight. I look EVERY SINGLE DAY to make sure I can get into both countries. Today is the day the UK should announce if any countries will go back on their red list, so after today I will rest a little easier as the next announcement would be after I arrive there.

My reason for going to Vienna is I want to see the Christmas markets, and they have some new rules that are ambiguous on their websites that made me worry I would have to be vaccinated AND get a PCR test to go into a market. I wrote to the tourist board and they assured me this test is only for unvaccinated. When I get to the UK I have to take a day two antigen test. I have never had to take a test and am so worried it will be positive - this part is exhausting. I am alone virtually all the time these days so I am not sure why I am so worried! But I need to get back to San Diego, this is fo sho.

I do not believe borders will shut again in the spring but it will be the tests coming and going that will be a worry for people that can't spend an unplanned two weeks if they happen to test positive.
Thank you for posting Shannon! Please keep us all updated. I can't believe that we're still dealing with all this and most likely will be for the next few years. (I would love to see the Christmas markets too but I'm afraid I'd buy too many things that I really don't need) :) London for 11 days sounds like a dream to me! I'll be there next July for 4 nights before going on another fabulous Cotswolds adventure with Kathy Wood.
I too am concerned re ?what if I test positive? I don't have travel insurance yet but need to get on it....

hugs,
Mindy

Thanks Mindy. I am anxiously awaiting the news from the UK if they are putting anyone back on the red list. I had decided not to go to the Zagreb Christmas market because numbers are so high in Zagreb and I have too many friends there (because know myself too well.) So I changed to Vienna. At least I will be not tempted to go drinking with my buddies there :) Wait until you make your final tour payment and/or book non-refundable airfare before getting the travel insurance. Maybe I will come see you in London in July :)

Pandemic Travel I watched this on Monday night and thought it was well presented and informative. Of course, as mentioned, rules and regulations change quickly so we, as savvy travelers, must do our homework. But well worth the extra steps to get back to Europe. I'm not going until May 2022 so it's really a crapshoot as to what will be required for travel to and from France.

I hope some of you enjoy the video.

Best regards,

Mindy-Pokey
Thank you for posting this video. I found it very helpful and reassuring.

I just saw this on Twitter. Not good news.

D9382BC6-282E-47A2-977C-4C2D4F81AE69.jpeg

Good luck, Shannon! We are supposed to fly to Barcelona on December 15 and then to Frankfurt on December 22. It is not looking good for spending Christmas with my son's family in Ramstein. Plus, Spain is starting to tick up again and there is talk of a COVID passport. (Not a bad thing, I think.) If we can get to Germany for the Christmas week, we probably won't be able to do much. Also, currently, Germany's rules call for us to be COVID tested even though we are fully vaccinated.
Sigh.

Good luck, Shannon! We are supposed to fly to Barcelona on December 15 and then to Frankfurt on December 22. It is not looking good for spending Christmas with my son's family in Ramstein. Plus, Spain is starting to tick up again and there is talk of a COVID passport. (Not a bad thing, I think.) If we can get to Germany for the Christmas week, we probably won't be able to do much. Also, currently, Germany's rules call for us to be COVID tested even though we are fully vaccinated.
Sigh.
Jan, I think being Covid tested is a "thing" in many countries even if fully vaccinated. I'm hoping by May things will be better and covid testing to return to USA not required. That said I'm looking at travel insurance which would cover me if, God forbid, I test positive and have to quarantine in France somewhere. I hope you can get to Ramstein! Traveling internationally is not for sissies!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina