• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2018 No. 15 - Beautiful Light

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 15 (Week of April 15, 2018) – Beautiful Light

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

There are so many famous places known for their natural beauty, entertainment and some that have their place in history and its importance to never forget. I learned of some new places that I had never heard of before. Thank you everyone.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 16 (Week of April 22, 2018) - On the Road
Photo Hunt No. 17 (Week of April 29, 2018) – Wine
Photo Hunt No. 18 (Week of May 6, 2018) – At Night
Photo Hunt No. 19 (Week of May 13, 2018) - Jewelry

Beautiful Light can be interpreted in so many ways, so I was a bit challenged for this week's theme. In the end, I went with a photo of lit candles inside of the Duomo in Florence, Italy.

Last edited:
Would someone explain please how to participate in "Photo Hunt"
Regards Greg

Hi Greg,

Each week a new Photo Hunt 2018 Theme is posted on Saturday (PST). This week's theme is "Beautiful Light". Everyone interprets the theme in their own creative ways. Next, hunt for a photo (taken while traveling or at home), then click on the Reply to post your photo. Since we are curious travelers with varied interests (ie., art, photography, history, food/wine, culture, etc), it would be wonderful if you can write a brief description (what, where and/or any interesting comments) to go along with your photo. It's fun to see new and familiar places from other travelers.

You can upload your photo in two ways:

1. Click on the link in my post (Photo Hunt 2018), click on the blue button located in the upper right side of the page to add Media and upload your photo to the Photo Hunt Gallery. In your post, click on the camera icon and click on your photo.

2. Click on the photo icon to upload your photo into your post.

Hope this helps and hope to see your photos.

Festa della Madonna della Salute
21 November 2014

fullsizeoutput_30b7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_30b2.jpeg

Sorry for the duplication. I’m on a very slow internet connection and impatiently pressed twice.

Another one from Norway - this time Norway in a nutshell. From Gudvangen, there is a ferry ride to Flåm. The Nærøyfjord is narrow with very steep sides. Sunlight through breaks in the cloud was lighting up the bottom of the fjord a bit like a spotlight.
Screen shot 2018-04-15 at 17.28.02.png

This is such a great subject for photographs!
And as can be seen from the fabulous photos already submitted, is so wide ranging.
In Australia, natural available light tends to be quite harsh....in fact it is well known as such, and where I live in Brisbane we have an almost non existent twilight.
Thus travelling to Europe is such a visual treat and the opportunity to engage such soft light in photographs is a huge bonus.
I suppose I'm trying to say "I can't decide" from my hundreds of photos so I hope you will indulge me if I submit several.

DSCN2154.JPG
This is looking down the amazing stairwell of 'Phaire des Baleines on the northern tip of Ile de Rey near La Rochelle.

DSCN0831.JPG

This photo, taken inside the Moulin Poilly at Poilly-sur-Serein (A magnificent and huge B and B 10 kms [6m] from Chablis) shows how soft the light is....despite it being a beautifully clear sunny day, and highly polished floor, the shadows of table and chair legs are largely undefined.

But my favourite....I think is this photo, taken just after a storm at the best B and B we have ever stayed at....Domaine Puyrousse just outside Villetoureix, not far from Jarnac in the Cognac region

DSCN1831.JPG

The light across the fields is so even, no shadows, and the clouds, lit by the dying rays of the day give an energy and 'feel' that is unobtrusive, in-obvious and so subtle.
Hope you like them. Regards Greg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina