• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2018 No. 9 - Memorable Restaurant Experience

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 9 (We ek of March 4, 2018) – Memorable Restaurant Experience (ie., meal, bar, drink, sitting area, terrace, view, encounter, etc)

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.​

Lovely photos of one my favorite drinks, other than a glass of fine wine.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:

Photo Hunt No. 10 (Week of March 11, 2018) – Waiting (Traveling involves quite a bit of waiting for buses, trains, planes, etc. We spend our time sitting on benches, having a drink at a bar/café or chatting with fellow travelers. Feel free to post any fun/interesting photos related to this theme.)
Photo Hunt No. 11 (Week of March 18, 2018) – Garden(s)
Photo Hunt No. 12 (Week of March 25, 2018) – Painting

On a recent trip to Venice, Italy, I happened upon a new restaurant called Hostaria Osottooosopra (Sestiere Dorsoduro 3740, 30123 Venice, Italy). We loved the food and service so much that we ate there 5 nights in a row. It is a family run restaurant which has a small but cozy dining area. The food is fresh and so delicious. They also serve you a complimentary spritz before dinner is served.

The lovely restaurant on the premises of La Quercia Rossa, an agriturismo we really like in Piemonte.

29672339373_d3750e2d3d_k.jpg

This meal was memorable because I was feeling poorly - dizzy, nauseous and with a headache. I thought I was coming down with a migraine but it turned out to be a reaction to the altitude. We were on top of Europe - Jungfraujoch.

175.JPG

174.JPG

The food was pricey and not particularly good but the view from our table was wonderful.

fullsizeoutput_60f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_60fa.jpeg

This week’s Photo Hunt No. 9 (We ek of March 4, 2018) – Memorable Restaurant Experience (ie., meal, bar, drink, sitting area, terrace, view, encounter, etc)

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.​

Lovely photos of one my favorite drinks, other than a glass of fine wine.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:

Photo Hunt No. 10 (Week of March 11, 2018) – Waiting (Traveling involves quite a bit of waiting for buses, trains, planes, etc. We spend our time sitting on benches, having a drink at a bar/café or chatting with fellow travelers. Feel free to post any fun/interesting photos related to this theme.)
Photo Hunt No. 11 (Week of March 18, 2018) – Garden(s)
Photo Hunt No. 12 (Week of March 25, 2018) – Painting

On a recent trip to Venice, Italy, I happened upon a new restaurant called Hostaria Osottooosopra (Sestiere Dorsoduro 3740, 30123 Venice, Italy). We loved the food and service so much that we ate there 5 nights in a row. It is a family run restaurant which has a small but cozy dining area. The food is fresh and so delicious. They also serve you a complimentary spritz before dinner is served.

That looks so delicious. We will be very near there for a month in October and look forward to eating there.

We were in Tunisia in 2012 and spent 3 nights at Ksar Ezzit, an organic olive farm in the mountains 40 miles south of Tunis. At the time, this was trying to establish itself as a centre for Eco tourism. Everything cooked and served in the restaurant was grown on the estate, which may explain the preponderance of flowers on the plate. Husband described it as a sort of nouvelle cuisine meets ‘Gardener’s World’. Definitely a different experience.....
Screen shot 2018-03-04 at 19.45.57.png
Screen shot 2018-03-04 at 19.45.28.png

That looks so delicious. We will be very near there for a month in October and look forward to eating there.

Cool! Have a wonderful trip. You will really enjoy the food here. It is a small but cozy restaurant. Krn is the owner, his sister staffs the bar and his mom also works there too. Very sweet family.

In June 2015, Mom and I found ourselves in Polignano a Mare, where we thoroughly enjoyed a once in a lifetime, "lifestyles of the rich and famous" extravaganza of a dining experience at Grotta Palazzese...food was delicious, service was superb, view was stunning!
11201499_10152806963296856_3443161786285179550_n.jpg

(I can't resist sharing another experience!)

On a completely different note....in January 2016, Dave (hubby) and I were wandering around Trastevere area of Rome and happened upon a teeny, tiny little restaurant called "DON". There were no tables, just a few stools at a counter. We had an incredibly tasty lunch here of deep fried pizza (vera pizza fritta Napoletana). There were a few options on the menu: we chose the tomato, buffalo mozza, basil and pepper pizza. Lunch was 9 euro for the two of us, including beer! We mm-mmm'd and om nom'd and loudly made clear our enjoyment of the pizza - the owner must have appreciated our enthusiasm because he brought us some mouthwatering donut-like sweets for free!

12471371_10153164118516856_5942528174854033527_o.jpg
12493851_10153164118566856_4245361527738080309_o.jpg

Last edited:
We had sold our house and was the last time we walked to breakfast before we left town. We won’t live too far away, but not walking distance.
It made us a bit sad, after 16 years, but happy to move on to a "new" life.
CBF2AEF6-BE7F-411F-A371-A9DEB936AA37.jpeg

Still getting HUGE expanses of plain white screen between each photo post.
The white seems to be the same length as the actual post preceding it.
Anyone else?

No problem here either. Looks fine on my laptop, and on my android phone, both running chrome.

I have that problem when using Internet Explorer
I think it is a known problem. Try edge or chrome. I have always been a IE fan but it is going away

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina