• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2019 No. 19 - Mother(s)

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo 19 (May 12, 2019) – Mother(s)

I enjoyed seeing the variety of enticing drinks we’ve all sampled while traveling.

Upcoming Photo Hunt 2019 Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 20 (May 19, 2019) – Vintage
Photo Hunt No. 21 (May 26, 2019) – Night

While visiting Rome in 2017, my sister and I stumbled upon a racing event in Piazza Navona. We noticed that the participants gathering at the start line were women (mothers) and their children. Only 5 seconds into the race a young boy takes a hard fall and he starts to cry. Rather than giving up, his mom picks her son up and although they are dead last they both cross the finish line to a round of applause. Soon, the next group gathers at the start line and I spot the same mother running her second race. Some of the mothers ran more than one race as they had more than one child entered. The best life lesson this mother taught her son on this glorious day in Rome, is when you fall down, you need to get right back up and never give up.

Wishing all the Moms at home, around the world and up above a very Happy Mother’s Day!

The mother and son at the start of the race.

Mother and son crossing the finish line.

The next group of participants takes off and I spot the same mom running again.

While shopping in Khan El Khalili market in Cairo, I asked this young mother if I could take a picture of her and her child. I love to take pictures of people and this is one of my favorites. I call it Madonna and Child. When I look at the photo, I think it may be closer to reality than what the great masters of Europe created in paint and sculpture.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina