• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 26 - Celebrate/Celebration

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. No. . 26 (Week of July 1, 2018) – Celebrate / Celebration

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

I always enjoy photographing interesting doors while traveling. From the simple rustic, colorful to those amazing doors with such detail and artwork. Wonderful collection of doors.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 27 (Week of July 8, 2018) – Fruit
Photo Hunt No. 28 (Week of July 15, 2018) – Action Capture (anything or anyone you captured in motion)
Photo Hunt No. 29 (Week of July 22, 2018) – Urban Landscape
Photo Hunt No. 30 (Week of July 29, 2018) – Something Blue

After my friend and I hiked from Vernazza to Monterosso al Mare (Cinque Terre in Italy), we stumbled upon their annual Lemon Festival. They had food, free live music and there were some really cute displays (themed with lemon) by the shop owners around town. (May 2005) Ever since that experience I try to research for any festivals that may be scheduled in town that I happen to have travel plans for.

The different monasteries in Bhutan hold a yearly dance festival called Tschechu, which are to honour Guru Rinpoche, who brought a Tantric form of Buddhism to Bhutan in 8th century.

Tshechus are large social gatherings, which perform the function of social bonding among people of remote and spread-out villages. The focal point of the Tschechu are the masked dances by the monks, based on incidents in the life of Guru Rinpoche.

We didn’t have chance to attend a Tschechu, but watched the monks practising at Mongar in East Bhutan. During the actual festival, they wear masks and heavy costumes.
Screen shot 2018-07-01 at 06.04.14.png

Screen shot 2018-07-01 at 06.04.50.png

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina