• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 28 - Action Capture

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 28 (Week of July 15, 2018) – Action Capture (anything or anyone you captured in motion)

One of the things I love about traveling is the wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables that are available from local markets. They’re especially fresh when they come straight off the vines to our dinner table.

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 29 (Week of July 22, 2018) – Urban Landscape
Photo Hunt No. 30 (Week of July 29, 2018) – Something Blue

Here’s an action shot of waves crashing next to our boat on a day cruise that our GrapeHops Tour organized for us in the beautiful coastal town of Rovinj, Croatia.

Two more pictures of ships, this time on the Norwegian Coastal voyage. This is on one of the traditional ships leaving the Lofoten islands on a wonderful evening in May, 2000.
Screen shot 2018-07-15 at 10.36.27.png

This is another May, this time 2007 on a cold night heading round the top of the coast of Norway, when we crossed the oldest ship in the fleet.
Screen shot 2018-07-15 at 10.36.52.png

Team Garmin during the team time trial in the 2013 World Cycling Championship through Florence, Italy. I was lucky to have been on the same flight from Paris to Florence with Christian Vandevelde who I was able to talk to for a bit while waiting for luggage.
1531696331840.png

One of the iconic double Fairlies (two way engines) working hard on the Ffestiniog Railway in North Wales.
Screen shot 2018-07-16 at 16.44.36.png

Prince, built in 1863 is one of the oldest steam locomotives in the world still pulling regular service trains on the Ffestiniog Railway.
Screen shot 2018-07-16 at 16.53.50.png

Although the speed does not compare to most types of racing, the action is fast and furious in a sailing race. I captured this shot at the annual Anguilla Day Race. It is celebrated every year on May 30th when the island gained its independence. The island is still part of the British West Indies, but they govern themselves. The end of May is an absolute wonderful time to be on island.

I took the shot standing on the beach... The Real Deal team came mighty close to shore to start there tack! You can see sand in the bottom of the picture.

UpNext-C.jpg

The Great Orme Tramway in Llandudno, North Wales. This opened in 1902 to carry visitors to the top of the Great Orme. This is 678’ high and a steep climb if you are walking.
Screen shot 2018-07-19 at 21.56.35.png

The tramway is still using the original cars which are hauled up by a cable system - the weight of the downward tram pulls up the upward tram. The lower section shares Old road with cars and pedestrians. This was taken out of the back of the tram. having just passed the down tram.
Screen shot 2018-07-19 at 21.56.56.png

The tramway runs in two halves with the top section running across the open hillside to the Summit Complex.
Screen shot 2018-07-19 at 22.01.38.png

Each section takes ten minutes and is a very worthwhile trip.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina